Values I learned as an Artist from INDIA!    

It's tough to survive as an beginner artist in India. Now you might ask why it's hard and tough for people here? I have faced many issues myself and are still struggling to keep up with the industry. 

BUT I AM HERE TO ANSWER THE QUESTION IN TITLE! HOW TO SURVIVE TOUGH COMPETITION IN MARKET? 

So let's answer the question, In India there's problem with resources. Now I don't mean there's lack of resources for an individual to buy, no we have resources but they are way too costly than we can found in other countries! Like for someone who's just starting out for Animation will require a decent machine, and by decent it should be capable of handling the tasks of animation software and run smoothly and would be capable of rendering the scenes.

Now I won't go into the details or configuration but minimum i3 processor can do for lighter tasks with around 8 Gigs of RAM and 1TB HArd drive if you cant afford SSDs! Well that was the minimum requirement for beginner.

When I started out I had DELL LATITUDE D630 which looked something like this:

It has basic configuration like 2 Gigs of RAM and 512 GB hard disk. I used it for 2D and 3D and as well as Video editing and VFX, I later upgraded 1GB more as I didn't have money. And that brings me to the Second Problem which is MONEY!

 *MONEY

Money plays important role in market! If you have it than you can invest it , if you don't, then your chances to survival are less. And that's the story of people over here! People are bind to work for the family and feed them. Many beginners start with a positive attitude but in the end they drop because of financial problems or internal family problems!

What I want to say is that people here don't even think that Graphic Design and Animation is a career option many of the people think it should be kept for hobbies. Even my relatives have said me such things like, " Animation is not an career, you should study medicine or engineering!" Now this brings me to the 3rd part of the story is Support!

 


*Support

Support system for anything new is very weak in India, Now I don't say that it only happen in India but I am living in India and I know what kind of mentality people have here. There are two categories of people in here! One Literate and other Illiterate, and we also have third category that contains the people who are literate but in terms of support they behave like illiterates, even I'd like to say that illiterate people would support someone if explained to them but this third category people will deny anything you try to explain them. 

Thankfully My Parents are literate and sits in first category they never stopped me from achieving anything in my life. And above all the support they provided is invaluable. They supported me in my failures and in my success. But it's lucky me, there are many young beginners who still struggle because they don't have any financial or moral support. 

And it's not only for my field of Graphics and Animation but there are many of my friends, Like on of my friend wants to be a singer, she came to me one day and we recorded the whole cover and suddenly her sisters became very angry for her involving in something that disgraces their name according to her sisters.

She stopped singing, and even stopped practicing. And I learned another lesson with this situation that had happened in front of me, Jealousy. It turned out to be that her two elder sisters were jealous of her because when they wanted to have the same career path as my friend they didn't received any support from their friends and instead they pulled back their legs I think.  So her sisters were jealous of my friend trying to achieve the path they had to leave because no one supported them. 


*CONCLUSION

That's it, these were the most common problem beginner faces during their struggling years. But I want to motivate all my readers that life is a roller coaster, it'll go up and it'll go down but you should always sit clutching the bars and wait for the right time. I have posted the other day about my views on LAWS OF ATTRACTION and how effective it is! I highly recommend you to check that out here's the link to it : CLICK HERE!

I would highly recommend you that you should keep following the dream to achieve it in real life. You'll only win when you stay and fight if you put down your weapons even before starting then obviously you will fail! Now just get up and start working.

Stay  Safe and Stay Motivated!

THE WAY YOU BEHAVE WITH OTHER, IS THE WAY YOU'LL GET TREATED FROM OTHERS...

Also check : Tips for Calming Down in stressed situation!