New to Animation? Need a free video editing software? You are in Right Place!

The Video Editing Software I am about to introduce are completely FREE and I've used them personally for some time except ONE.

Free means they won't charge you or add a ugly watermark on the front. These are completely free and most of them work with minimum system requirement. I love checking out new video editors, but mostly I prefer now is Sony Movie Studio 13. Which is paid video editing software. 

But as a beginner I would highly recommend using the free ones. If you are on Budget than you can purchase one. But if you don't have much budget than this post will be helpful for you.


So without wasting the time Let's Begin... 

The list is according to my user experience. Your experience may very. 

#1 SHOTCUT


Supports many formats, And above all I find it quite useful. It's free and You can download directly from there website here: https://shotcut.org/

I've used it when I was seeking some advance editing tool for videos than old Windows Movie Maker. My Flash animations wasn't going to be edited by the old lagging Movie Maker. So I researched for some free editor and I found this one. I downloaded and used it for some time. It has pretty basic layout mostly like a professional editing software does. I loved editing my simple flash Animations in it.  

I would Highly recommend this one cause it's free and has many tools like chroma key and you can add LUTs. It has most basic and some professional tools. AND you won't see some ugly watermark sticking out of the corner. You can send some donation to this guys who are constantly updating the app and fixing the bugs and issues.

#2 VSDC


VSDC by videosoftdev is an outstanding Video Editor which is available for free. You get all the features that are available in costly video editing softwares. I've used this one for the short film editing. The learning curve is very smooth that you get the hang off it from very first day.  

It has the Pro  version also but not as pricey as Adobe's Premiere Pro or Sony Movie Studio Platinum.  It's one time payment of 1,730.18 ₹ and you get all the premium assets and everything. Mostly I used the free version as I didn't had budget to  purchase the editing software.

Trust me the Free version has all the features you need in video editor and VSDC has many features. Even you can animate in the free version and use masks and do many things. 

#LIGHTWORKS


Lightworks! Another Great editing program. Though I've used it very little. Just to trim or join clips together, I've never used it much for commercial purpose.  I think this one could be a great software but the free version only lets you export in 720p. You can purchase the yearly or monthly subscription to your needs. I won't suggest this one cause the specs are not designed for the low end PCs  with less than 3 GB ram. You need HD display. 

You can download the LightWorks here: https://www.lwks.com/

#VideoPad

VideoPad is another free software, Which also have the Pro version, But Free version has the most control over the videos. You can apply green screen, animate objects and add keyframes to color corrections and many more. I've used this one for years. I never thought of buying the software's Pro version as the free version does the much greater job. I would recommend this one if you don't have any knowledge you must start of with this one, it's free it's simple and it does export videos in HD. 

Now Last but not Least is

#BLENDER



Blender! A fully functional 3D engine which has a lot in it. You can create 3D animations with it and unlike Autodesk's Maya, it's free. I love blender because it has so many tools and it's not just a 3D engine, it has the built in Video Editor for basic to complex VFX. 

And as an Animator I've used blender for many years but I didn't used it's built in video editor. It might've saved so much time that rendering and adding the VFX to videos so easy in the Blender itself.

At first you'll be overwhelmed at the look of blender's interface. And of course it wasn't made for video editing it was supposed to be used for 3D animations and Games. But now it seems like they have made their mind. 

You can download blender from here: https://blender.org

All I now Have to Say is try any of the above, and tell me which of them worked for you. Share this post if you enjoyed it and found helpful. And please do Comment and tell me if you found some Value in it.


Stay Safe, Stay Creative!