IF YOU ARE THINKING TO START AN ANIMATION CHANNEL THAN YOU SHOULD READ THIS POST, IT HAS EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT ANIMATION AND IT'S PROCESS!



Now this is not going to be easy as it seems. Animation is time consuming process and it takes a lot of time and efforts to create animations. And great animators have made sacrifices too, like nothing fancy but time is something you are going to spend like weeks, sometimes months. Being an animator is not easy and it takes a lot of hard work.





First think of Why you want to become animator in the first place, like do you really want to become an animator? if Yes then welcome to the dark side of creating animation. 

What you need to get started with Animation for YouTube?

Now answer to this is very simple, first an audio recording device if you want to animate story time animations, and a Laptop/PC or MAC if you are rich enough. Just kidding ;-)

Following is the list of gears I use for Animating my Videos :
1. A Lenovo Ideapad D330 Touch Screen Laptop.
2. A Huion H430P Graphic Tablet.
3. A Boya Condenser Microphone
4. A Pop Filter.

What Software to learn for animation?

This is my personal preference, I love 2D animation. And I love the traditional approach with the digital touch to it. If you are like me and love 2D animations then this post is definitely for you.

The software I'd like to suggest and which I personally use is Adobe Flash/ Animate. And it does the pretty good job and gets the job done. I love Adobe Flash, it's easy and it has many tools that free animation software lacks. 

How to start?

Lets being, now You have the software and hardware that is needed. Now it's time to start to create some master piece. Now What I like to do is I just write down couple of things that come to my mind and then work on the one that feels appealing to me. 

Once the script is done and record the audio and get it trimmed and mastered on my own, in next post I'll share how I edit my audio files for YouTube Animations.

Now Audio is ready then I open up Flash get the Audio imported and start drawing. But what I like to do beforehand is I draw my characters and rig them before I record the audio so I get the Idea of how should I keep my pace from the very beginning. 

Things you should do before starting to animating on the main file itself, you should create your backgrounds first as it'll help you to focus more on main timeline.

Start animating, and don't forget to rename every Layer you add into the project file, name it something that you won't be struggled with when you have to make some changes.  

Final Touch Ups?

Once animation is complete then you can add final touchups in your Video Editing software, I personally use Sony Vegas 11 as it's more stable with my system. I cut and trim the part I feel excess and mix up some nice music I get from YouTube Audio Library and guess what It's Free!

Once done everything I export the video at 1920*1080px that's HD. 

GOING ONLINE!!!

The last and final and my personal favorite step, here you go to YouTube create a Channel if you don't have already and just drag and drop your video to upload and share it with world! Now there is a free plugin called Tubbudy( Not sponsored) which helps me to create template for tags, descriptions and Titles. And that's it.

Conclusion?

Animation requires animators to invest not only money but time too. Because if you can't invest your time than why are you in animation for? accept that you have to stay awake a little more to create something unique of your own and accept that not everybody will like, appreciate, love what you are doing, 

And the  key thing here is to enjoy the process! if  you are not enjoying it than it is not for you trust me, no matter how hard you'll push yourself in that direction you will just be wasting your time. And don't forget time never comes back!

Thanks a lot for reading!

Here's link to my channel : A Day in Animator's Life!